Friday, April 23, 2010

Content time

The game begins with some content. When I started this blog, there were only 4 posts at the site which retrospectively is considerably bad for a site that has been running for 6 months.

So, adding content! Easy. Over the last week or so I have started making slightly more regular posts. I've added a few more galleries and have added a new section for wallpapers. It did dawn on me however that a site with just pictures may be hard to pick up keywords from, making it difficult to get decent rankings in the search engines. So to counter this, I've decided to start adding biographies of the lovely WWE Divas. Along with the biographies, hopefully I'll find the time to add news updates, further increasing the amount of actual content on the site.



From my experience, being able to add content on a regular basis comes down to a few things: motivation, time and how difficult it is to add new content. Because I'm lacking in the first two things, the third is where I can do some work. Before when I wanted to make a new gallery I had to make a new gallery, upload the pictures, make a new page, add the gallery and an ad to the page, make a post about the gallery and also add an ad. Now all the steps have been reduced to simply: make a new gallery, link to a page and it will create itself with an ad, make a post and add the gallery. Much simpler and it means I can add a gallery within minutes.

And now as a side to content; traffic. I'll probably elaborate more on this in a future post but I've been watching my traffic in Analytics and at the moment I seem to be averaging around 10 unique visitors a day with the majority now coming from search results in Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment